Monday, February 28, 2011

Cutey Baby One Size AIO Review




Fits:  10-30+ pounds

Price Per Diaper:  ★★☆☆☆  You can find this diaper on Amazon and certain retailers for approximately $24.95.  For an AIO diaper, this is a decent price.  However, for this particular diaper, I feel that this is a far cry from what it is worth and you should save your money to use on something else.  Harsh, but true.

Leaks:  ★★☆☆☆  I love the actual fabric of the diaper.  The diaper is made of a soft and stretchy laminated polyester which is great for containing leaks.  However, the  rise on this diaper is low with no way to raise or lower the rise leading to many leaks from the top of the diaper.  Also, the leg elastic is very soft and extra stretchy as to not dig into little ones legs, but it does not have enough firmness to it in order to hug the legs and contain leaks.  We normally would have leaks from both areas.  I only used this diaper for a nap once, and it was a disaster.



Fit:  ★★☆☆☆  Let me be honest, I am very close to giving this diaper a 1 for fit.  In actuality, the diaper fits ok, the design just does not work.  I have already mentioned the low rise and the ill-fitting elastic legs.  In addition to that, the aplix tabs do not overlap.  This is “claimed” to be a one size diaper, and on my long skinny 23 pound daughter, I still cannot get it tight enough because the tabs do no overlap.  I will discuss the removable laundry tabs in the washing section.  Also, part of the “one-size” features are snaps on the tabs to shorten them for skinny babies.  This was the most frustrating thing that I have encountered in my cloth diapering experience and probably my life!  These snaps would not stay snapped and would pop causing the diaper to be too big.  This feature was a great idea but a horrible miss in production.




Ease of Use:  ★★☆☆☆  I have already discussed above the tremendously frustrating tab snaps.  This diaper was just very difficult to use.  This diaper is “usable” but very difficult.

Washing:  ★★★★☆  This diaper did wash very well and left very little staining.  Also, as this is an AIO diaper, washing is a cinch.  The insert is attached to the diaper at one end and loose at the other.  Therefore, no stuffing or unstuffing with this diaper.  The insert agitates out in the washer and then you just stick the other end back in after the wash is done.  Cutey Baby also had a brilliant idea in regard to the laundry tabs.  We have all had the trouble of having diaper chains in our laundry, in an effort to cure this problem, Cutey Baby came up with the idea to have removable laundry tabs.  There is the soft side of Velcro on the front of the diaper and on the laundry tabs.  Then there are two removable squares of the scratchy Velcro that you put between the front of the diaper and the tabs to secure the Velcro.  Great idea…but a pain to use.  You have to get the squares in just the right place on the front of the diaper and then you have to keep track of the little buggers when you do the wash. 




Overall Performance:  ★☆☆☆☆  I applaud Cutey Baby for getting out of the box and trying to make a different kind of diaper that would meet all of the needs that other diapers cannot do.  This diaper is very innovative and a great design in theory, but in execution, this diaper is severely lacking.  I hate to give bad reviews, but this diaper was difficult and frustrating and not my favorite at all.

Total Stars:  13/30

Daddy's Thoughts:  My husband, at my warning, never used this diaper.


No comments:

Post a Comment