Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Gift For Baby Book Review



A few weeks back, I was sent “A Gift For Baby” by Jan Hunt.  I was excited to receive and read this book as it was described only as an attachment parenting book!  Right up my ally!

Right from the package, I was excited to see that the book is in both English and Spanish!  Love this!  I love that you can teach your child Spanish and read them an adorable book about daily life as a parent.

The book is about a small child who finds a present.  The book details the child’s thoughts as to what the present may be.  The book does not attack other parenting styles, but it does reinforce attachment parenting.  On one particular page, the child wonders if the present is a bottle and then you turn the page and the baby says “I like to nurse” and there is a picture of the child nursing.



There are so few books for children that reinforce that attachment parenting is normal and healthy.  This book is wonderful at illustrating to children that attachment parenting is normal, fun, and can be perfectly wonderful!  I love that I can read this book to Miss A and show her a book about what we do day to day.  Many people feel that breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, home schooling, etc are dirty, weird, or wrong.  And since there are so many people that feel this way, books depicting this lifestyle are even harder to come by!  It is wonderful to see a publication showing our children how beautiful attachment parenting can be!

I love this book!  Beautiful.  Just Beautiful.  It is truly the perfect gift for any parent that breastfeeds, babywears, co-sleeps, etc.  And great for showing the next generation how wonderful attachment parenting can be for their kids!

Total Stars:  ★★★★★

My only suggestion to the author would be that due to the age of the audience, this book would be perfect as a board book.  Maybe recycled cardboard?

You may purchase "A Gift for Baby" here.

*This book is Approved by La Leche League and Attachment Parenting International*

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment