Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today is the BIG day!

Last night was my final shift as a Full time nurse!  From here out, I am working only casual on the weekends!  I am so excited!  My dream has always been to be a SAHM, and now it has finally happened!  I am saddened as well.  I really do enjoy my job as a L&D nurse.  I love helping expectant mommies through their labor, coaching them through delivery, helping them with that first feeding whether it be breast or bottle, showing them how to care for themselves and their new infant, and ultimately getting them ready for the journey ahead.  It is such an amazing job and it is with a heavy heart that I leave that behind.  I have met some amazing people.  Some will continue to be life long friends and some will be wonderful memories!  I am really going to miss it!

But God has better things in store for us.  The reason for the change now is this.  My husband was offered an amazing job back where I grew up and close to family and friends.  It is the kind of opportunity that required not thought or decision.  It was just right!  And perfect!  So now begins a new journey.  Him with a new job, me down sizing my job, and us having to move our perfect little family.  But I would not change this for the world.  It is giving me the opportunity to stay at home with my amazing 14 month old and is moving us closer to family and life long friends.  We are truly blessed to be given this great opportunity.  And I am so excited.  I am also sad, anxious, nervous, stressed, etc about leaving my job and the whole moving thing.  But when all is said and done...this will be AMAZING for all of us.

So today begins my journey as a SAHM.  My dream has finally come true.  I have the best husband in the whole world.  He loves his girls more than I ever thought possible.  He is a wonderful daddy, so loving and gentle.  We have the best little girl in the whole world that is growing at an outrageous rate.  If it is possible, she is getting cuter every day and I love her more than I ever thought possible.  And I have the best job, to stay home and take care of my precious family.  Such blessings.  I am so blessed...my cup runeth over!

1 comment: