Monday, July 9, 2012

Beautify Mama Time!

I have been obsessed with making things so I don't have to buy them...I sew my own cloth wipes.  I sew snack bags for my son.  I have recently entered the wonderful world of making beauty products!

I have little time to spend on things like exfoliating, hair, nails, etc.  Let's be honest, the world is lucky if I take my hair out of a pony tail or braid.  Luckily it's summer so I don't really have anywhere to be (during the school year, it is pin up some hair and the rest is swept in a hair tie.  I just don't have patience for hair in my face!)  

I posted a blurb on Facebook about a cool recipe for hand/foot scrub on Pinterest.  It really works!!  Sugar and Dawn with Oil of Olay and you are in business!  I am in love with the fact it isn't too abrasive and doesn't make the shower floor all slippery.  In the same vein, I have entered the world of...coconut oil!!!  I saw another lil' recipe for a leg scrub and I tweaked it.  I used a cup of coconut oil and half a cup of sugar.  I put a few drops of essential oil in.  WOW!  I am a total coconut oil convert.  This stuff makes your legs SO soft and moisturized, you can even skip the lotion out of the shower--no joke.  I gave some to a mommy friend last night at an impromptu playdate-sprinkler run (OMG so cute!!  Her daughter and my son running in sprinklers in cloth diapers..I will never forget it.)  She told me today that it was amazing...so I am not lying here : ) 

On a more personal note, today is my 6th wedding anniversary.  My life in numbers:
With Daddyguy for 14 years...Married for 6...1 Bulldog daughter...1 gorgeous Cub who is 23 months!...full time teaching 2nd grade for 5 years...and starting a new position in August!!  Yep, I found a job (Thank GOD!)  I'll be teaching 3rd, 4th and 5th grade math and social studies and I'll be 4th grade homeroom. 

Like Cub's favorite movie says: Life is a highway!  How true is that?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut oil too! I use it on my cloth baby as well as on myself :)

    ReplyDelete