Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Day Has Come...

Well folks...I tried to avoid it...but I just can't keep up anymore!  With an almost 3 year old and a baby on the way (arriving SO shortly), the blog is really suffering and it makes me terribly sad!  So I am looking for a blog contributor or two! Who would like to write for The Mommy Goods?  This is a really hard decision for me, because this blog is another of my babies, but I just cannot keep up the amount of posts that I need to and so I am hoping that one of you lovely mamas would like to help me out!  I will of course still be around and will be doing my series on newborn diapering after baby J comes, but I just cannot keep up with the blog on my own and give it the attention (and you guys the information) that I feel it deserves!

If you are interested, please email me at themommygoods@gmail.com with the following information as well as any other information you want to include!

1. how long have you been cloth diapering?

2. how many children have you cloth diapered?

3. how many different kinds of diapers have you used?

4. what are your favorite diapers?  what are some diapers that you hated/didn't work for you?

5. have you used other reusable items ie. mama cloth, cloth training pants, etc?

6. how much time per week do you think you could spend working on posts for the TMG blog?  I am hoping that between myself and potentially 2 more contributors, we can each post one day a week so that there are three days a week with posts.

7. what are some other experiences that you could write about ie. breastfeeding, babywearing, etc?

8. take one of your diapers (either a fave and/or a hate it) and write up a short review of your likes and/or dislikes and the features of the diaper  (so I can see your writing style!)

Keep in mind, most of these questions are more curiosity and just looking at background, nothing is a MUST.  If you are new to CDing and want to write, that could be a PERFECT angle!  So don't think that experience is a must!  I would like to start incorporating more informational posts ie. washing, getting started, etc so any areas of expertise and any level of experience will be more than considered!  I would also like to get back to writing about other natural parenting topics such as breastfeeding, babywearing, etc.  Again, experience in these areas is not required, but we may branch out a little with more writers and more experiences to draw from!  And of course, your ideas are MORE than welcome!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!

Laura

2 comments:

  1. I would love to help! I sent you an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I was tempted to apply, but I am struggling myself lol. I have a 5, 4 and 2 year old and a new baby due any day now. It is so tough trying to keep up. I do like your idea of having moms new to cloth diapering post, this way other new moms won't be so afraid to make the switch.

    ReplyDelete