Monday, April 16, 2012

Let me introduce myself...

Hi!  I am Jen and I will be Monday's contributor : )   I am very excited to try my hand at blogging & add to TMG!

I have been married for 6 years to my best friend from high school...we dated for forever (ok, "only" 8 years lol) and we have our Cub, the most amazing 20 month old son I could ever have asked for.  We also have a "daughter," Miss Riley Jade, our English Bulldog. 

I have nursed my son since the beginning and we are still a great nursing team.  I never thought to quit, even through allergies and sensitivities and pumping at work (which was quite an adventure, but I'll save that for another post : )  I love "wearing" Cub and he loves it just as much!  He has had a fluffy butt since around 3 1/2-4 months old and we use cloth wipes as well.  I made all his baby food.  Add to this all working full time and you have one very tired and sometimes overextended mama!

I'm all about taking Cub places like zoos, farms, aquariums, and anywhere we can see and do and enrich.  Don't mistake me for a crazy teachermama though, I am extremely babyled and whenever he is ready for things, he lets me know.  I'd describe my parenting style as an overprotective surfergirl--I let him do his thing but hover ; )

I lovelovelove scrapbooking (and I finally have the Holy Grail of scrapping...a BABY!!)  I have started sewing (cloth wipes, snack bags, flannel pants for Cub and a skirt for me, not too bad) and I am thoroughly addicted to Pinterest.  (Thanks to Pinterest, this weekend, Cub now has tons of homemade playdough and 5 bleached tees--another post for later :) 

I wear many hats--mama, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, teacher!  I teach second grade and have been for 5 years now.  I have taught at two different schools, first a religious school (4 years) and now a charter.  My students have always been my kids, but things really change when you have a baby of your very own.
   
I work and this is a tough thing for me.  I can't quit and stay home to be with Cub.  I love teaching but of course I'd much rather be home snuggling and playing.  I suppose I get the best of both worlds--a paycheck and all the regular school vacations.  But still, it rips my heart out every morning and I race home every afternoon.  My son is such an incredible little creature and being away a moment is painful.  But life goes on!  Gotta keep on truckin' until that winning lotto ticket falls into my hands!  hehehe

<3 Jen


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! It is very nice to "meet" you. Glad to be getting to be part of the team with you <3 ~Robin =)

    ReplyDelete