Thursday, April 19, 2012

An expanded about me.....


Hello!


I'm so excited to be contributing to TMG. I really am hoping things make me more accountable to blogging. I started a blog (www.andtheycallherblessed.blogspot.com) probably a year ago and was wonderful with posting often... really often.  And then I quit my job - and became a SAHM....um so yeah you know where this is going... suddenly I had NO time to blog :)  But now that my youngest Miss N is almost 6 months old and sleeping 10-12 hours a night I feel human again.


A little more about me - I am a SAHM who up until a year ago worked at a local university. I have three children - Miss L who is 4 1/2, Mr J or is 2 1/2 and Miss N who is 6 months.  Life is busy to say the least. We also have a rescue dog named Rufus who is lucky he makes it to the next day sometimes.... he's the biggest trouble of all four! I am married to my first and only boyfriend - my other half who completes me.  I am so blessed to have him in my life. I am very involved in our local church and have a wonderful church family.  This fall I will begin homeschooling Miss L and hopefully teaching Mr J some things along the way too. I am very excited but yet nervous at the same time. 


I do not CD although I wish I could/would. I had every intention of doing that with my third child but then she came and something had to give and that was my vision of CDing. It just wasn't going to happen - life was too busy and sometimes you just have to say 'No' even though you really don't want to. I am a huge supporter of breastfeeding though and absolutely love doing it. I nursed my first two children till between 14-16 months and Miss N is still going strong. Those quiet nursing session in the middle of the night are my favorite.... just you and the baby snuggling deep into bed... sigh.... heaven on earth!


My contribution to this blog is going to be sharing some of my money saving (and money making) tips that has helped us become a family with a SAHM. :) I won't say it's easy and we give up a lot of stuff but the benefits way out weigh those material things we are giving up. I hope to be honest and upfront with you.  I will also say that anything sites that I share with you I have tried these programs and am an active member in them. I will not (knowingly) share sites that will spam or trick you. I will cover everything from surveys, home tips, recipes, product testing groups, to things we've done to cut corners. I will also share any local classes that I will be teaching - see my first one listed below!  I have presented at large conferences, small groups, and at retreats. I am open to traveling ;)


I hope you enjoy the ride!
And just to show you how wonderful some of my posts will be – here’s a new program I just found out about and have already had success with - Smiley360.com. I signed up and within minutes completed my profile and checked out my ‘Offers for you’.  I was selected for Knorr Homestyle Stock Mission – I’m going to receive 1 Full-size pack of Knorr Homestyle Stock, 3 coupons to share, 1 cooking ladle, and 1 recipe booklet.  Sign up today and let me know what you’re selected to try!

1 comment:

  1. Homeschooling is awesome!! Good luck! You will have so much fun: )
    <3 Jen

    ReplyDelete