Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tots Bots Tiny Fit Review


A new kid on the block, and one with a HUGE following, is the Tots Bots line.  These All in One diapers made in Scotland (ah, my ancestry!) have really become a go-to diaper for many moms and babes!  I had bought a few of the Easy Fits to use with Miss A and while I liked them, I was not in love with them.  But because they are such a huge hit with so many, I decided that I just had to try them with Baby J.  If you would like to read more about my initial findings with cloth diapering a skinny baby and our rocky start to cloth diapering Baby J, please see the Intro post here.

Fits:  5-12 pounds



Price Per Diaper:  (3/5 Stars)  Since these diapers are not made in the USA (or China either) they do come with a slightly higher price tag.  This diaper retails for $18.95 per diaper.  The average price for an AIO newborn diaper is $13-16, so this diaper is not a huge amount over the average, but it does add up!  However, for the extra money, you are getting a well made, AIO, and easy to use diaper made from an environmentally friendly company.

Leaks:  (3/5 stars)  I must just have bad luck with these diapers.  So many people swear by these diapers and that they are leak proof.  Both my OS and these Tiny Fits leak for us.  For short periods, of course there were no problems.  But for nap/night time use they just did not hold enough pee!  My son would leak out the front and out the legs.  We just did not have good luck with these.  This diaper is an AIO diaper but designed with an attached insert.  This is great for washing since it agitates out, dries easily, and is right there to tuck back in but it is also great for absorbency since you can fold/tuck the length of the insert to whatever position you need the added absorbency.  We tried everything and still could not get the excellent bullet proof diaper that I have heard so much about! :(



Fit:  (4/5 Stars)  I love the aplix on this diaper.  It is made for newborns, so the diaper is nice and small and the aplix just gives you that perfect waist fit!  Plus the aplix is super sticky and the laundry tabs do not release in the wash.  However, on my skinny little guy, there was quite the gap in the leg openings which led to frequent leaks and not being able to use this diaper until about 8 1/2-9 pounds.  Once we got to that weight, the diaper fit nicely everywhere but we had the leaking issue. :(  Baby J was also rather long, and these had trouble going under his cord stump until it fell off.  I would not recommend using this diaper until your baby's cord stump falls off.



Ease of Use:  (5/5 Stars)  This diaper is extremely easy to use!!!  It honestly cannot get easier!!!  If you are looking for a simple easy to use newborn diaper, this one gets my endorsement for that!  Since it is an AIO, there are no parts to find/lose.  You just toss it in the wash, the insert agitates out, it is a breeze to dry, and then you just fold and stuff the insert back in, and VOILA you are ready to go!  No fuss!

Washing:  (4/5 Stars)  Like I said above, this diaper is quite simple to wash!  And it is very easy on dry time!  This is one AIO that can definitely hang to dry with no problem!  My only complaint was that the inside was quite prone to staining.  A little sun took care of this, but if stains bug you this is not the diaper for you!



Overall:  (3/5 Stars)  I wanted to love this diaper.  I don't know why the Tots Bots don't work for us!!  I have read a ton of reviews on this diaper and it seems to have a Love/Hate following.  I would say that it is a 70/30 split of people who absolutely love these diapers and people who don't.  It isn't like most diapers that have a middle ground.  I did not find the diaper to be particularly absorbent and it did not fit Baby J well until almost 9 pounds, but I did think that it had a really nice fit after he hit 9 pounds.  If you are a Tots Bots fan and you don't have skinny babies, this might be the one for you!

Total Stars:  22/30




No comments:

Post a Comment