Monday, January 14, 2013

90 Day Challenge!

So, after Cub was born, I found he had numerous food allergies and sensitivities along with acid reflux.  Funny enough, he was and still is the happiest and most relaxed kid around--you'd never ever know he had anything like that going on.  In order to nurse, I had to cut out all top allergens plus corn.  Today, we are a corn, soy and peanut free house...I am still dairy and wheat free (and I cut out red meat.)  I'm not saying it was easy, but it became a way of life for all three of us.  Cub has no idea what candy tastes like, ice cream is made from coconut milk and sugar has been completely replaced with agave.

I'm going to put some numbers out there into the online world that have always been difficult for me to stomach.  162...the weight I was when I got pregnant with Cub.  Over 208 pounds...the weight I was when I went into the hospital to give birth (I'm sure it was at least 10 pounds more, this was just the last number my OB's office let slip.)  132...the weight I am currently, with a 2 1/2 year old.  This drastic weight change was ALL due to diet change.  I cut out dairy, soy, wheat, eggs, peanuts/tree nuts, fish/shellfish and corn.  WHAT did I eat???  All veggies, fruit (nothing that would aggravate his reflux, let me add that!) chicken, turkey and rice based pasta.  I survived!  I managed to find things even when we ate out (which wasn't that often anyway.)  Admittedly there was little to no exercising.  I am 32 (wince) and I have noticed that although I am "thin" I am somewhat "skinny fat" where I am saggy.  So... 

This brings me to my 90 Day Challenge.  I joined Daddyguy's gym.  It's not a huge chain, it's a smaller almost boutique gym with a small and amazing staff, fantastic members and a FAB child care room that Cub totally loves.  They are having a "Fit For Life" challenge.  90 days to fabulousness is what I'm looking forward to.  I want thin and strong not thin and flabby!!  There is a $10,000 prize according to all kinds of points (challenges, % body fat dropped, % muscle added, etc) but the real prize is getting fit, adding years onto my life and making the gym a habit--the food thing is way easy at this point--it's the getting off my butt after work that's the hardest part for me (I also have an underactive thyroid...makes it even harder sometimes!)

Today is Day 1. Who's with me?
<3 jen

No comments:

Post a Comment