Thursday, August 9, 2012

A New Era

We've just entered a new era in our house... yesterday we bought our first complete homeschool curriculum! I've been terrified (who am I kidding - I still am!) but feel so much better now that I have the curriculum ordered and a date to start in mind (Sept 10th).

This is going to be interesting and a test of my patience, perseverance, and .... well everything.

We decided on the 'Abeka' program for the first year.  It's a very complete program and gives me instruction for each day.  I was so nervous and really needed something that was going to tell me exactly what to do until I become more comfortable and confident with myself as a teacher

Do we have any other homeschooling families out there? Any of you readers/followers homeschooling mommies?  I'd love to know so that I don't continue writing about this aspect of my life is there is no one interested in it. :)

This was never something I imagined myself doing. And when my husband brought it up I almost laughed in his face - actually I think I did. I told him I would continue working and he could quit his job and teach. ha 

But after much prayer and consideration we both felt very strongly that this is something we needed to do. So let it begin....

If you're interested in more of the why we are doing it - read this post hereIt says it exactly!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not homeschooling yet, but we are considering it for our 3 year old. She's starting Head Start in a week (Ack! How did that happen?!) but when Kindergarten rolls around, we are considering homeschool. I'd love to hear more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete