Ecover Delicate Wash or other wool wash
Sweater Shaver (makes your knits look new in minutes!)
We do not recommend spray lanolin. Solid lanolin and Ecover Delicate Wash are very inexpensive, easy to use, and make your care routine simple.
- fill a sink/large pot with warm water
- warm 4-8 oz of water in the microwave until very hot/boiling
- add 1 tsp -1 tablespoon of lanolin to the cup of hot water
- add a squirt of baby shampoo or wool wash
- stir until all the yellow solids are melted and the water looks white like milk
- add this to the sink/pot of warm water-stir around
- add your wet cover to the water and massage the water into the cover
- let sit for 15 mins - 1 hour (you can weight it down with the butter knife)
- squeeze water out
- roll between two towels or put in the washer on the spin cycle (no water)
- lay flat to dry.