Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorializing

This day off has put me in a total tailspin!!  Here I am, sorry so late : )

Memorial Day has me thinking of all my family that Cub will NOT get to meet, hear stories from and make memories with.  I waited until I was 30 to have a child and I think while it was the best decision for our family, it's sad because my son has now missed the opportunity to know so many of the most important people in my life.  He won't get to bake with Nana, he won't get to run around the house being chased by Mumsey and he won't be put on a horse for the first time by his Great Grandpa.

I often cling to the memories I have of the past, big family occasions.  I can still smell the foods, hear my cousins and aunts and uncles...and I wish that my Cub could have that.  He won't, we have to build new family memories and traditions I know--but it hurts all the same.  I love our new reality but miss the old times my family had. 


Happy Memorial Day to those who serve, have served and who have been lost for our country.  I am a proud great-granddaugher, granddaughter, great niece, niece and sister in law of men who have fought for our country.  Just as we remember our own families, let's remember those who have fought for us and our country, and the sacrifices they and their families have made. 

<3 Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment