Monday, May 14, 2012

Quick and Dirty Lasagna Cups!

I have a cupcake fetish...I am obsessed!!  I have shared this with my son, when he sees a cupcake he points and says "Mama!!  CUP!!"  So when I googled "cupcake tin meals" I was THRILLED to find recipes!  I tried my hand at one from Can You Stay for Dinner? (www.canyoustayfordinner.com) which had loads of cuteness...

I am all about "quick and dirty" when it comes to dinner because after a day with my 23 at work, coming home I am exhausted and want to have fun with my Cub.  I don't want to break the bank (um, I make LESS than teachers in districts being at a charter!)  So I modified this delish recipe for my wallet, time and patience!!

I preheated my oven to 375 then took my cupcake tin, sprayed with olive oil non stick spray stuff and put wonton wrappers in each one, making a cute little "holder" for my cheesy goodness.  I sauteed and crumbled about a pound of chicken-basil sausage (I LOVE Sprouts, if you have one, can't beat them) but I have also used ground chicken breast or even ground turkey as the original calls for.  I poured about half a jar of sauce into the meat and let it simmer (I just used what I normally buy, I don't have time to make my own, although you totally can.)  In a bowl, I mixed a container of low fat ricotta and 3/4 a bag of shredded mozzarella and threw in a few shakes of garlic salt.  Now the fun begins!  I just layered cheese mixture, meat, cheese mixture, meat and slapped some of the mozzarella I kept on each little tin then sealed those suckers up with another wonton wrapper.  Toss in the oven for about 10 minutes and there you have it!  Lasagna cups!!  Cub loves them, my husband loves them and we have 12--enough for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow for us all.  You could make and freeze, they're adorable for a party and it's handy if you are looking for portion control. 

I made these in the time it took Lightening to go from his three way tie race to Radiator Springs and finish the new road--plus a Display of Greatness from Cub AND a snack demand-snack then was stolen by his bulldog sister-and another demand for more.  Pretty successful!

If you make them, let me know how they turn out : )  What I love most is that you can really adjust these and make them to suit your taste, time and budget!!! 

<3 Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment