Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fiber That Tastes Good!?

   Today TMGers we are going to be talking about fiber.  It's a tricky thing that fiber ~ too little and it doesn't work, too much and it creates the opposite of what you want!  I know through being pregnant multiple times, having to take prenatals, extra iron, and just plain not eating right that sometimes, more often than not, things get a little uncomfortable.  And we all know that that is no fun.  I have tried everything from fiber mixes, chewables, Miralax, colace, suppositories and fiber bars.  I have learned what works and what doesn't.  That is the trick, find out what works for you.

    I can tell you that Miralax in some apple juice works wonders.  I have even cut the reccomended dose down and have given it to my children during their "hurty tummy" times. But what if I don't want to become dependent on a product to stay regular? That too is a question I often I found myself asking.  I have recently found two bars that have really worked for me when I just need that little extra ...


Fiber One Oats & Chocolate



    This granola type fiber bar is delicious! It tastes just like any other chocolate chip granola bar, if you didn't have to read that it was a fiber bar on the packaging you would never know the difference! And I must say that if you eat two of these you definitely won't be uncomfortable any longer.  And they taste so good so why not?!

I have also tried these Metamusil Cinnamon Spice Fiber Wafers



    You get two wafers per pack but they are not what I expected when I read Cinnamon Spice.  They are a bit on the mild side for me but I have found them to do their job effeciently!  They are, on the other hand, quite perfect to dip in a hot cup of coffee or your favorite hot tea blend.  The mild flavor compliments the flavors from you beverage awesomely and the wafer cookie soaks up the just the right amout of liquid!


And speaking of a nice hot cup of coffee ... You could always have a few of these! This is the stuff that keeps Mama moving =)





    *Everything above is my opinion from my own personal experience, always remember to consult your doctor before drastically changing your diet!




    Thanks for reading TMGers and I'll see you next Tuesday with something I am so anxious to share with you all! ~Robin =)

No comments:

Post a Comment